August 20, 2010

refreshing cupcakes

Where I live, it's about 100-115 degrees during the summer and refreshing drinks and treats are a must! These cupcakes are my favorite and I learned from one of my friends, Sofia! They are super simple, or you can make them from scratch as well. I like the simple way! :) 

All you need is 1 box of Strawberry Cake Mix and 2 cans of Lemon Frosting. (I only had 1 and ran out quick!) All you have to do is follow the directions on the box, put cute liners in your cupcake tins! I used pastel colors because they're summery. I also made 12 normal cupcakes and 16 mini cupcakes, for those who don't want a whole cupcake. Or if they're like me have a couple mini ones with my coffee or tea. 

Idea for kids: Put Fruity Pebbles on top for a more fun, colorful cupcake! 


Note: Sorry my frosting isn't as great as it should be! I was running out fast and realized that they are going to be little dolups rather than all the way around the edging! Also- tip for making it stand up in a little mound- put a dolup in the center and then spiral around the dolup to make it stand up and make it look fluffy! 

Oh and to have a make-shift icing bag: Put a plastic ziplock bag in a tall tupperware and spoon the frosting into the bag. Make sure it all goes towards 1 corner of the bag and squeeze out all of the air. Then cut at an angle a small portion of the corner and voila! you have an icing bag without spending much money! 

Have a nice and cool day on in this summer heat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment