August 22, 2010

dorothy draper- iconic classics

I LOVE Dorothy Draper. She is one of my design idols and definitely a classic. I was poking around online and found that Kindel- a furniture designer makes Dorothy Draper inspired pieces! I love finding things like this, only because they are usually classics and are styles that never really go out of date. 
Here are few things that I found: 

I love these Draper Cafè Side Chairs! They are simple, classic, and come in cute color schemes! This one is the White finish with F870-16 Fabric. 


Here it is in Black Finish with Zebra fabric and nail head trim! Very fun to spice up your room!

Even though I'm usually a modern girl, I love wingbacked chairs. I don't know why but I love the idea of a wood paneled library with big wingbacked chairs, having my tea and reading a good book! Oh the life! This is the Varney Wingback chair in Dorothy Draper Upholstery, which I think is a neutral classic. 




The Varney bed is very classic, but modern at the same time. Dorothy Draper was a big fan of the Chinese Chippendale and I have to 2nd that! The clean lines and the nice finishes make it a simple piece with a big impact. 


The last piece is a chest, which I love! It's big and chunky and would be a great piece for a dining room, living room, or even a bedroom, or office! It's that versatile. I love the neutral colors and the fact that they are doors masked as drawers. It makes the functionality even better! 


No comments:

Post a Comment