August 19, 2010

my first post

Since I'm trying to figure this blog out, I thought I would post about some of the things that I would want in my future apartment! My philosophy is I have my "pod" (apartment, house, whatever it may be) and my "pod" has to be exactly the way I want it for we are creatures of comfort and habit. It usually takes me a few tries to get it right and I'm constantly on the hunt for new accessories, bed coverings, and carpet tiles to make my "pod" feel as comfortable as possible. Here are some things that I would love to have for my future apartment: 

First is a Pouf by CB2, which is a less expensive brand of Crate and Barrel. These Poufs come in Grey or Red and run about $80 USD. They used to have a lime green Pouf (which I loved most) but grey is just as adorable! 

Next is my favorite collection of books. They are the Penguin Classics in clothbound and I'm pretty positive this set is a must have on every designers' list.  I have a deal with myself where I read everything by paperback or on my eReader and when I'm finished I put the book in my "Read" box and go buy a copy in leather-bound or cloth-bound, such as these books. It's a win-win-win situation because I'm reading my books, I'm making my room/apartment beautiful, and I'm recycling my old books when taking them back to the 1/2 price book for a credit! 

Lastly, I chose a set of bone china (which I probably won't be able to afford until I'm 50!) by Wedgwood. It is a collection by Barbra Barry and it's called Musical Chairs. There are four different chair silhouettes with numbers. I'm also a tea fanatic and this set has a Tea serving set! They are about $35/per plate, $29/per dessert plate, and $55/per teacup and saucer. 


So here, is my first post! I hope it's not too terrible! I really like the idea of blogging and I'm hoping to get my portfolio up so people can see what I can do as well!  Have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. Those book are beautiful! They would certainly brigthen up a room.

    The cup is pretty nice aswell:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, i love these selections!! so beautiful, i can tell you are a true designer!!

    good luck with the blog! looks great so far! =D

    brokeintheOC.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete